Jodie Lee is an Art Therapist who believes social Interactions are optimised when the primary development goal is ‘Creativity’.
Therefore, when developing your child’s plan, Jodie will ensure a ‘Social Language/Experience’ is created via Creative Therapeutic Activities.
Jodie’s objective is to:
- Ensure experiences are selected to match your child’s developmental status in ‘Social Functioning’.
Her aims are to:
- Assist your child in dealing with strong emotions.
- Decreasing anxiety via rhythmic, patterned activities.
- Increasing self-awareness to enable ‘presence’ in the here and now.
- Providing feelings of safety and security.
- Moving your child to calm, confident and grounded.
A focus on creativity will help your child expand their social skills. I will work with your child and their skill set to develop an individual program of therapy to meet their needs for safety, security and equip them to be more calm, confident and grounded.
Jodie’s qualifications include:
- Diploma of Art Therapy
- Diploma of Holistic Counselling
- Bachelor of Counselling for Vulnerable Children & Youth
- Bachelor of Visual Arts